Steps to gain remote assistance from Computer Tutor:
First, go to www.computertutorpetra.ca, and click on the REMOTE SUPPORT tab on the top of the page.
1. Click on "Click HERE for Remote Support Now" button on Remote
Support page of www.computertutorpetra.ca
2. Click on “Save File”, or, depending on your download setup, a download box may appear on the bottom left of your screen. Wait for the download to finish. (Should be less than 60 seconds).
3. Open Downloaded File Location, locate file, (normally in your downloads folder named Computer Tutor-set up) (or, bottom left of screen) and double click it.
4. Click RUN.
5. This will install “Instant Housecall by Computer Tutor”, by which we will help you remotely. Computer Tutor will uninstall this software upon the end of your session. (There is also the option of keeping this small applet on, for further help). Remember, you ALWAYS have to invite me in. There is no remote without you "inviting me in" each time.
6. When the program asks you, “Do you want to allow the following program to install software on your computer?”- click on YES.
7. Click on the START SESSION box. Please put a check mark into the "unattended remote access allowed" box. (This will be revoked when the service is completed, and you will be sent a confirmation of this via email).
8. Click on ACCEPT.
9. Fill in the Popup box asking you to fill in some information about you.
Your remote session will start. (If I am not available, check the box “Leave a Message”, leave me a note and your phone number, and then close the session box. I will get this message, and call you back to arrange a remote session time.)
Rates are charged based on time, or flat fee, depending on what you need. They are listed on my page, under the payments tab.
Terms & Conditions
and sign the